Here’s another modified version of the 12-Steps I found submitted by a poster at at http://richarddawkins.net
Modified 12-steps for secularists and non-theists.
1. We admitted our lives had become unmanageable and that alcohol has taken over.
2. Came to believe that the application of evidence and reason, a power much greater than ourselves, could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to thinking based on evidence and rational reasoning.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to reality, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Read books on naturalistic morality and ethics.
6. Were entirely ready to have the cold light of logic, evidence and reason remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly consider removing our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory by the application of reason, evidence and rational secular morality an ethics, and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through study of science and correct reasoning to improve our conscious contact with science and reality, reading for knowledge of the facts of reality and your inner power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.